10 Things I Learned from Strait-Jacketfor Final Girl's film club.
1. Wishing you're 29, acting like you're 29, and being shot with a gauzy filter still does not make you 29
2. Wishing you're 49, acting like you're 49, and being shot with a gauzy filter still does not make you 49.
3. Wigs are in, mother.
4. Lucky for Carol that her mother conveniently blacks out for no apparent reason. Or maybe it's just when she drinks. Or there's a MURDER!
5. Someone on the "making of" suggested Crawford would have gotten an oscar nomination if this were a different film. Yes, and a different script, character, and director
6. Even if you are a sculptor, oh, I mean sculptress, of non-descript, unfired clay forest creatures, it's possible to bust out a full polished bronze bust, just cuz. Oh, and some bloody heads. And a latex mask.
7. I love jangly bracelets, because they say "gal"
8. How cute was Lee Majors in 1963?
9. Apparently, Lucy had money from her first husband, but still lived in a one room shack where her daughter slept in the living room. That's livin'! And Ohio looks a lot like central CA.
10. Apparently, right before you're head is chopped off, it turns to wood. It's bloodless, too.
Okay, 11. Horror movie or Scooby Doo episode; you decide.