Since CBS is airing Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer tonight, I thought I'd type up a list of the reasons you need to see it:
10. The Island of Misfit Toys--the song, the way of life
9. "No child wants a Charlie-in the Box", etc....
8. Yukon Cornelius
7. "Bumbles Bounce!"
6. "She thinks I'm cuuuuuuuuuute!"
5. Clarissa the Doe singing "There's alway tomorrow"
4. Burl Ives
3. "Eat, Papa, eat! No one likes a Skinny Santa!"
1. Hermey the Dentist, stand-in for gay men everywhere. And bless them, in 1964,
they didn't make him have a girlfriend in the end to assert his sexuality. He's
just a different elf. I'll spare you the gay analogy stuff, 'cuz we all git it.
I'm sure you've all seen it, so here is a link to IMDB Memorable Quotes, which
will hopefully make you all smile.
Here's just one:
"You'll never fit in. Now you come to elf practice, learn how to wiggle your
ears and chuckle warmly and go hee-hee and ho-ho and important stuff like that.
A dentist. Good grief."
And what an embarassment of Riches, as ABC is showing the not as often seen Santa Claus is Coming to Town on Friday. Now if they would only show The Year Without a Santa Claus.....